Rule 1: No grief, no offensive builds.
This one is pretty simple; if it's not natural and you didn't make it, don't touch it. This means don't break blocks on someone's build, do not ADD blocks to someone's build, do not kill their animals, do not take their crops, and do not go into their unlocked chests. Also, do not build offensive objects such as swastikas, genitalia, or spell out offensive words with blocks. There are no exceptions to this rule, even if land is unclaimed you may not grief it. If you grief builds that do not belong to you, you will be banned and your grief rolled-back.
Rule 2: Limit the use of profanity.
This one is also fairly simple. This is a game that is frequently played by young children and their parents could forbid them from playing on this server if they think we allow offensive language in chat. Also not permitted is substitution of letters with an asterisk (e.g. "fudge" becomes "f*dge"). As there are players from several countries on this server, some places may consider some words profane while others do not. For this reason we have a chat filter. If you find some or all of your words being replaced by this chat filter, that's a clue not to use that word or group of words. Attempts to circumvent the filter will be considered a violation of this rule. Racial, ethnic, and homophobic slurs are all considered offensive and are not to be used on this server.
Rule 3: Respect all players
By this we mean the following:
- Do not insult other players.
- Do not antagonize other players.
- Do not spam /tpa requests.
- Do not spam /msg.
- If a player asks you to leave their build, do so immediately.
- If a player asks you to return their dropped items, do so immediately.
- Do not scam other players out of items or in-game money.
Rule 4: Do not spam the chat.
By this we mean the following:
- Do not type repeated messages.
- Do not type in all caps (one word is permitted but only if there are other words in the message).
- Do not send randomized messages (e.g. avzsdiz;sODif)
- Do not do countdowns.
- To ensure that staff are able to enforce all chat rules, English must be spoken in main chat. You may use /m <name> to speak to privately, or our Discord server
Rule 5: Do not beg staff for promotions, items, etc.
We have lots of shops on the server where you can buy pretty much anything you may need. If the shops don't have it there are many players who would be willing to barter with you or use in-game money to sell you anything you might need. Because of this, the staff on Elitecraft are not authorized to give away free items. Most of them can't spawn items anyway so don't ask. Also you should not beg for staff promotion. We have an applications here that you can fill out if you want to join the mod team. Please read and follow all instructions on that page. If you do need staff assistance please use the command /modreq.
Rule 6: Do not use hacks (x-ray, TMI, etc.)
Because we do have an economy on this server we require all of our players to play the game fairly. This means do not use x-ray texture packs, do not use plugins to spawn items, and do not exploit bugs to score free stuff. If you have questions about the legality of a plugin, please ask before using it. Rei's Minimap, shaders, and non-default texture packs that are NOT x-ray are allowed.
List of approved mods
If you wish for a new mod to be approved, you can request a mod be reviewed In the above thread.
Rule 7: Do not advertise other servers.
We are proud of our server. If your server is so great you can play there. If you want to advertise it, you can pay for webspace like everyone else. Also, please don't advertise our server on other servers. It's rude, reeks of desperation, and gives us a bad name.
Rule 8: Anti-drama
Do not bring drama onto our server. By this we mean the following:
- Do not argue in main chat (with staff or other players).
- Do not gossip about other players in main chat.
- Do not complain about your personal life in main chat.
- Do not threaten self-harm.
- Do not complain about server policies or staff decisions in main chat.
- Do not troll the mods/admins. Although we will warn you about rule breaking before we take action (unless you are offline), break a rule once or twice, getting warned for it, and then moving on to break another will be considered a violation of this rule. Repeated violations of the same rule over multiple sessions will also be considered a violation of this rule.
NOTE: THESE RULES ARE NOT ALL-INCLUSIVE AND ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. CONSEQUENCES OF BREAKING RULES WILL VARY BASED ON SEVERITY BUT MAY INCLUDE WARNING, MUTE, JAIL, TEMPBAN, OR BAN